Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Demolition Rickshaw!

Last Thursday I went and saw the Aquabats and The Epoxies, and it was a great show. Despite being about 115 degrees inside the club the show was amazing. I can't recall any other show where I've had chocolate milkshake, orange Gatorade, and water all thrown at me by the lead singer. I haven't really listened to the Aquabats since their 3rd album, so I was a little behind on the new stuff.

Quick movie reviews:

Batman Begins: Went and saw this last Monday, and really enjoyed it. Darker than the other Batman films, this is one that I was really anxious to see. After the last two Batman flicks I was all but done with the Batman line, but this movie really went back to the roots of the character and embraced the fear-inspiring aspect of the dark knight better. I'd reccommend this to dorks and non-dorks alike.

Bewitched: A cute comedy, despite the fact that I had to watch it from the 2nd row of the theater (my neck still hurts). Will Ferrell was great, but Nicole Kidman was even better. A good date movie.

Casablanca: Okay, after watching AFI's "100 Greatest Movie Lines" I realized that I needed to get off my ass and see some classic movies. So I got ahold of Casablanca and watched it, and I must say that I did enjoy it, and plan on watching it again. Everybody should watch this at least once.

And some album run-downs:

The Aquabats - Charge!!: The first Aquabats album I've bought in 5 years, this album really impressed me. Not just your typical goofy screw-off punk, there are some serious melodies and great choruses. The Aquabats apparently have developed some good pop techniques over the last 5 years.

The Faint - Danse Macabre: Not as good as Wet From Birth, but still damned good. More of The Faint's unique indie/electronica mixed with a driving rock feel to it. I think I'll come to like this album a lot.

Millencolin - Kingwood: This is the album that I've been addicted to for the last two weeks. I loved the two previous albums, and I think this album might even be better. Filled to the brim with punk energy and great choruses, this album is one of the year's best.

Antony and the Johnsons - I am a Bird Now: I haven't listened to this enough to make a final judgement on it yet, but from what I've heard I'm amazed. Some of the most haunting, unique songs I've ever heard in my life. Listen to a song or two and see what I mean.

Work and school are going fine. Destroyed another Chemistry test, but screwed up a little bit on a Biology test (whoops). Other than that, everything's going well. I applied to FSU as a transfer student because I might pick up a Biochemistry degree while I'm at FSU.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Now Playing on Last.FM:

Locations of visitors to this page