Wednesday, April 30, 2003

My Favorite Albums: Year-By-Year

So one day, I got bored. I love listening to music and making pointless lists for my own amusement. So I took to the challenge of ranking the albums I've listened to in my life, and the results can seen below. You might not (and I certainly hope you don't) agree with most (or any) of my opinions, but that's not the point. They're my opinions. So if you think I'm ass wrong, or think that I'm some sort of musical god, let me know. I love arguing with you guys.

The first thing you might notice is that my musical tastes are a bit diverse. But not unapproachable, or elitist, or anything like that. There's nothing I hate more than music snobs. While I will agree the vast majority of popular music is indeed worthless, that doesn't mean that indie equals good.

So here's my lists. Are they biased? Of course they are, stupid! I started in 1991, since that was when I turned 10 and really started to get into music. In case anybody's wondering, 1990's list would consist of TMBG's Flood, Vanilla Ice's To The Extreme, and MC Hammer's Please Hammer, Don't Hurt 'Em. Some years were easy to rank, some years near impossible. Some years had 15 to 20 good albums, others barely 6 or 7. But I tried my hardest to put up my top 10 for each of these years. So go check it out, and let me know what you think. Send me your comments, and I'll put 'em up.

The Years:
1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000,
2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Now Playing on Last.FM:

Locations of visitors to this page