Sunday, May 29, 2005

Mezmerized

So the more I listen to it, the more I really love the new System of a Down album "Mezmerize". There's at least 8 solid songs on it, and that makes me happy. There's still quite a few 2005 albums that I need to listen to, but there's only so much time in the day.

I love it when ESPN Classic replays the old Muhammad Ali fights. Tonight the "Thrilla in Manilla" [Ali v. Frazier] was on, and I tell you - boxing isn't nearly the same now days. Ali was a beast. Boxing actually was enjoyable to watch, and I can't get enough of these fights.

As I have documented before, I really don't like pro basketball. For some reason though, I've watched a lot of the NBA Playoffs this year and have thoroughly enjoyed the games. I love Shaquille O'Neal and would love to see the Heat do well, but my absolute favorite player has got to be Tim Duncan. He's just a good guy, and he's an incredible (the best) player. I look forward to watching the rest of the Conference Finals and the NBA Finals.

Baseball was kind to me today. My Yellow Jackets eliminated FSU in the ACC tourney by thrashing them 18-2, with the game called after 7 innings due to enforcement of the 10-run mercy rule. It was FSU's worst loss in 23 years. Topping that, the Red Sox absolutely tore through the Yankees, piling up a monsterous amount of runs for a 17-1 victory at Yankee Stadium. Go Sox.

Last night I was sitting around on my butt and Amy [coworker, RN, overall hottie] gave me a call so I headed over to her place and we sat around and drank all night. Had an absolutely incredible time. It was just so refreshing to sit back, chill, and just talk for hours on end. That's when you know you've found a good friend, when you can just sit and talk about the most random stuff for hours and when you do finally look at your watch, you can't believe that it's six hours later. I had a great time, and we'll have to do it more often. [If you're in Tallahassee and are looking for a kickass drinking buddy, I highly reccommend Amy.]

Lumines, an addictive puzzle game for the PSP that basically combines Tetris with Columns, is possibly my new favorite puzzle game. I love the heck out of it. Yesterday I showed up for a movie 45 minutes early just so I could sit in a darkened theater and enjoy my little puzzle game.

Star Wars Episode III was the movie I went and saw, and it reminded my why I don't like seeing movies in theaters. A family of dumb rednecks to the left ("Daddy what's that?" "IT'S DARTH VADER!!") and a family of just noisy huge people constantly eating and crumpling napkins and slurping drinks to the right. I love the theater for the huge picture and the awesome sound, but I sure don't miss avoiding the crowds. Regarding the movie, it was good, and tied up a lot of loose ends. The best of the prequels, by far. I like movies that end on a dark note, as Empire was my favorite SW movie.

I'm a dork. Just in case you didn't know. I was drinking booze out of an Erlenmeyer flash last weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Now Playing on Last.FM:

Locations of visitors to this page