Friday, May 13, 2005

Curiously Strong?

Okay, I admit it. I have an addiction. I seem to buy everything I see with the word 'Altoids' on it. Ever since I had one of those mints a few years back, I've been hooked. I usually had a tin of the original mints laying around, but admittedly I'm more of a gum person than a mint person. So when Altoids came out with gum, I ditched my old standby [Wrigley's Orbit] and went with the little mini-tins of Altoids gum. Not kidding you, in my backpack are currently 6 Altoids gum tins - one peppermint, one cinnamon, one sour apple, one sour cherry, and two other sour apple tins currently holding Motrin and Tylenol Extra Strength samples that a drug rep at work gave me.

So today I see the newest little Altoids thing, the Altoids minis. Go look at their shoppe if you want to see what I'm talking about. Speaking of, looking at that link exposes me to a couple things I've never tried before...like Liquorice and Ginger Altoids. I really want a tin of each now.

One cool thing that the nerds out there are doing with Altoids is modding the tins to do other things. My personal favorite is the Altoids Headphone Amp that somebody rigged up. I really want to make one of those. Somebody else also suggested using an Altoids Gum tin for an iPod shuffle case - I'll have to see about that one. Also cool is the emergency backup battery for an iPod in an Altoids tin. 4 extra hours of playtime off one 9V battery! Neat stuff. Makes me want to figure out something cool to use all my extra tins for.

So besides the ubiquitous Almond M&Ms and Reese's Pieces, Altoids are the best candy in the world. Or at least they come with the coolest containers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Now Playing on Last.FM:

Locations of visitors to this page