Saturday, September 04, 2004

Frances, Jay-Z, and Invites

Things of importance to me that Hurricane Frances cancelled: FSU vs. Miami, and me taking the GRE. Sylvan Learning centers, who host the GRE computer exam in Tallahassee, closed their offices on Friday statewide because of the hurricane. All that was written on the door when I arrived to take my 830am exam: "We're closed statewide because of the hurricane. Sorry!" No information about when they'll be back open, or rescheduling these expensive exams - just some stupid little note. The 15 other people there to take exams were about as pleased as I was. So I'll be taking the GRE this coming Thursday the 9th at 430pm. Whoo.

Allow me to apologize to Jay-Z. It took me a long time to like The Black Album, but after listening to it for a while now, I have to admit that it's one hell of an album. At least 5-6 solid club hits, the man's a master. "Dirt Off Your Shoulder" is incredible, especially when it's loud enough to vibrate your entire body in the club. And "Public Service Announcement" is great stuff too. Jay's intro after the speech at the beginning is just an example of kickass rap delivery. It's an entrance that gives me chills - it's like walking onto a basketball court, grabbing the ball, dunking over the other team on the first play, and shattering the backboard.

I swear to god I can't seem to give away all my gmail invites. Every time I get 6 new invites, and then give them away, they mathmagically replenish themselves. So if you want gmail invites, holla at me. And in gmail news, I finally reached 2% capacity on my mailbox.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Now Playing on Last.FM:

Locations of visitors to this page