Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Free iPod [or iPod Mini or $250 GC]

So you want a free 20gb iPod or 4gb iPod mini huh? Honestly, I hate sales pitches, but this is one you should at least give a second thought towards. Yes, it seems too good to be true, but it's legit. Here's the real deal and what you have to do to get one:

First things first - yes, it's real. There are a lot of guys that have received their free iPods, and I figured it was time to get into the game. See the links below:
  • The company running this is Gratis Intenet which has been in business for years and have a clean record at the Better Business Bureau
  • The math makes sense...
  • Check out this Wired article describing the deal.
  • Some pictures of people that received their free ipods (and check out the site - it has more references).
What you need:
  1. To be 18 or older and a US resident with a US mailing address.
  2. An email account.
  3. Credit card to complete most offers (although most of them are free as long as you cancel on time...).
How to get it:
  1. Sign up here for an account. Use a real email, as it will be verified.
  2. Complete the registration, make sure you verify your email.
  3. Complete one of the offers. I have done the infone thing (free). My friends had a chance to complete an AOL offer (free), and a Video Professor offer ($7 - cancelled the same day and was not charged). I hear that the offers change periodically - so either check in a couple of times, or just join whatever seems the fastest to get credit for (immediate, 1-2 days, 1-2 weeks is what I have seen).
  4. Refer your friends...

I will give gmail invites or $5 to the 5 people that will complete an offer under my referral and will be approved as an incentive for whoever want to jump on the bandwagon...

Notes:
1. You might have to use Internet Eplorer as the site scripts may not work with FireFox/Mozilla (popups, etc...).
2. Make sure that you do not sign up twice, or sign up with the same mailing address as your "friends". Gratis have been known to be pretty harsh in making sure that fraud is prevented (makes sense) - so don't try to beat the system, work with it...

What I did, step by step:
1. Signed up under a friend's referral link. You should use mine instead. [note: I'm not greedy. When I hit my 5 referrals, I'll take this down and put one of yours up instead. I'll also post them below if you want.]
2. Signed up for the infone offer. Provided a valid credit card and address (if you're squeamish about using your credit card for some reason, give yourself a Webcertificate, which will give you a "temporary" MasterCard with a limited value of whatever you want to put on it. Though honestly, I think that's probably a waste of time and money.
3. After filling out the infone offer, my freeipod account showed that my requirements had been completed, which I checked about 30 seconds after I submitted the infone offer. Crazy, eh?
4. The infone offer, which you cancel by a) never using the service [which means dialing the number and entering the pin you selected in registration] or b) giving a call to 1-877-477-7900 [or 1-888-411-1111 if that doesn't work] and letting them know you're cancelling - though I would wait at least 3-4 hours after signing up and getting your credit from freeipods, since the infone offer comes with a free $10 gift certificate to Amazon.com. You might want to wait for that to hit your email's inbox before you cancel on the deal, else you might not get the free GC.

Just to give details, infone is a service you call from whatever phone you register the number for, you input your PIN, and they give you movie times, directions, dinner reservations, and other things - it's like a concierge via phone. They charge you per-call with no monthly fee, so if you never call, you're never charged. The offer on freeipods is that you get your first 5 infone calls for free, but I'm not going to even bother using any of those.

5. Then after making sure the guy I followed the referral from got credit for me signing up (he did), I put this page up and hoped for 5 referrals.

Feel free to copy this page, alter it how you see fit, and then put it up somewhere to further your own cause in getting a free iPod. Best of luck, and one more time, CLICK HERE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Now Playing on Last.FM:

Locations of visitors to this page