Saturday, October 29, 2005

It Begins with one Simple Punch to my Head

So Deuce's Halloween party last night was fun [Click here for pictures]. Spent some time there, some time at another party, then back to Deuce's to finish off the night. At the end of the night, there was a scuffle next door - one of Steven's neighbors had some fight trying to errupt. Some of my friends intervened, but I just stood back and got the hell out of the way. Why? Not my battle. I don't know why they're fighting, I don't care. They have a right to fight if they want to. One of my friends said he went to help because "it's the same reason I'm going to be a nurse, I want to help people" - something that I don't quite buy. Nobody was hurt, nobody was injured. Had that been the case, somebody hurt, then I'd get involved. It seemed to me like all that "helping" people who don't want to be helped just pisses them off more. Out in the open, I'll leave them alone. In a hospital or a setting where they're a danger to themselves, I'll step in.

I should be in Atlanta for GT homecoming this weekend, but circumstances dictated otherwise. Maybe some other time.


This is why I love Saturday, two TVs and a computer with a TV capture card. Games I'm watching [from far left]: Clemson at Georgia Tech, Florida vs. Georgia, and Maryland at Florida State. I need six eyes!

Oh, if you haven't seen the commercial for the new Sony Brevia TV, you really should go watch it. 250,000 super bouncy balls let loose in San Francisco - it just has to be seen. If you've got Quicktime 7 (which you should, H.264 is incredible) then you should get the high bandwith version.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Now Playing on Last.FM:

Locations of visitors to this page