Friday, October 21, 2005

Can You Dig It?!

Today I bit into the hype machine. While walking around at Wal-Mart today, I saw a copy of "The Warriors" on DVD laying around on a shelf. So I bought it. Now I knew nothing about the movie, other than that the guys at Rockstar liked the movie (circa 1979) enough to make a game out of it now, 26 years later. Normally I don't buy DVDs unless I've seen the movie, so this was a rare exception. Final verdict? This is a flick you should see. It's a cult classic for a reason. CAN YOU DIG IT?

I also saw "A History of Violence" earlier today, and I was impressed. I won't give anything away, but I will say that some of the uproar about the movie being too gory or graphic or excessively violent - well those people are simply morons. Too gory? See "House of 1000 Corpses" and then we'll talk. (But seriously, don't see that movie. It really really sucked.)

And while the game itself is just middle-of-the-line, the beginning fight sequence (CGI) of Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks is insanely hot. All your old MK2/MK3 favorites dualing it out in front of Shang Tsung's throne. Pretty hot. Though the opening sequence of Far Cry: Instincts is just as hot. That game is the best looking video game I have ever seen with mine two eyes.

Oh, and this post is my first using the new browser Flock. Flock is a web browser built on top of Mozilla Firefox with added features, predominantly blog and social bookmarking based. Flock assumes every user has a blog, and uses del.icio.us to manage your bookmarks online (you have the option of sharing them with the world if you so desire). Now once they get digg support in, I'll be right as rain. I'll use this for a week and let you know what I think.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Now Playing on Last.FM:

Locations of visitors to this page