Monday, February 07, 2005

Super Bowl XXXIX

So Super Bowl XXXIX has come and gone in Jacksonville, the Gateway City of the South. What happened? Tom Brady and the New England Patriots fended off yet another late charge, this time from the Philadelphia Eagles, and won their 3rd Lombardi Trophy in the last 4 years. I for one was happy to see this happen for two reasons:
  1. I'm a big Boston fan. Sox rule, and the Patriots deserve respect.
  2. I really, really hate the Eagles.
For all the talk this week, Terrell Owens sure proved his doubters wrong. He wasn't the reason the Eagles lost the game. For a guy who shouldn't even be walking on an ankle as broken as his, he was running and doing his thing at full speed. Congrats to him. The best part about his repaired ankle was that he was able to stand up and walk off the field with his head down as the Patriots celebrated on the field:


T.O. is sad. T.O. is a runner-up. Posted by Hello

So with 3 Super Bowls, the talk of whether or not the Patriots are a dynasty has now been cemented. My answer? Hell yes they are.


Teddy Bruschi holds up one finger for each NFL championship ring he has. Pats a dynasty? I'd say so. Posted by Hello

Better QB: Joe Montana or Tom Brady? Isn't it mind blowing that you have to think about that now? And that the answer very well might be Tom Brady? How many more does he have in him?


Tom Brady with the Lombardi Trophy. Posted by Hello


What a year for the city of Boston. The Patriots win the Super Bowl and the Red Sox hold the World Series crown:


Dave Roberts holds the World Series Trophy. Go Sox. Posted by Hello

Every time I see that picture, I smile. I smile very, very large.

So how long till I can fully declare myself a Patriots fan? I like my Bucs, but if they don't get rid of Gruden (who I'm not a big fan of - I liked Dungy more) or if they do get rid of my favorite player (Derrick Brooks), then I'm automatically a Pats fan. Go Beantown.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Now Playing on Last.FM:

Locations of visitors to this page