Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Traveling Around

One thing I love to do is travel. I'm the biggest road warrior of anybody I know - I'll drive a thousand miles or two on a long road trip and take it with the best of them. So I got to wondering how much more traveling I really want to do, and where I'd like to go. Here's a list of places that I want to go but haven't yet for both the U.S. and the world.

Within North America (in order):
New York City
Washington DC
Seattle/Vancouver
Toronto
San Francisco
Mexico City
San Diego/Tijuana

The rest of the world:
Greece
Iceland
Norway/Sweden
Japan
Australia
Egypt
Portugal
Monaco
Switzerland

Where have I already been? Here are some maps (click for larger maps):

Within the United States: 17 states (33%)


I sure love the southeast, right? I've got a lot of traveling left to do in the States.

The whole planet: 15 countries (6%)


Yup, the US of A and parts of Europe. Exotic, no?

Now you're probably asking how I can live in Detroit and not make it to Canada, less than 20 miles away. The explanation for such is a funny story.

So while working up in Detroit, one of my coworkers is set to get married. For a pre-bachelor-party party he wants to run to Windsor, Ontario (right across the border from Detroit) and to go to some strip club there. So we all load up in his car and head to the border. I show my passport along with the other guys when we get to the border, and the border cop scans one of my coworkers' drivers license, as he was the driver that night. A puzzled look came up on the border cop's face, and he tells us to drive off to the side. Apparently my friend the driver had gotten a DUI in Canada 8 years earlier and was told not to come back to the country. Whoops. So we spent the better part of the day sitting in a Canadian customs office on the border before they released us back into the U.S. - I'm still not sure of whether or not I'm allowed to go back, or if it was just the driver. Regardless, we didn't get to Canada (unless the border counts) so that's why I didn't count it.

If you want to make your own State Map or World Map follow the links to World66.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Now Playing on Last.FM:

Locations of visitors to this page