Friday, September 24, 2004

Guilty Pleasures

So we all have those things that we secretly love, that we either don't usually let other people know about or that other people would never guess that we like. Since I'm not a shy person (those who know me know how much of an introvert I am) here are some of my guilty pleasures:

The Amazing Race: as much as I rag on reality shows, this is the best show on television, hands down. Teams of two race around the world, competing in mental and physical challenges across the globe while trying to deal with the customs and cultures of all the countries. This year's race hit 5 continents and covered 72,000 miles. I would honestly love to enter an Amazing Race with my little sister - we'd kick some ass. Another guilty tv pleasure...

Queer Eye for the Straight Guy: I love this show. It's usually pretty funny, and I like seeing all the crazy places they go and the nutty outfits they pick out for people. Who knows, maybe one of these days I'll decorate my place and be inspired by the Fab Five. Regardless of why, I never miss an episode.

Burnout 3: Takedown: Jesus, I can't put this game down. Since the minute I put this gem on my Xbox I've been helplessly hooked. I keep trying to tell myself "big deal, it's just another racing game." But that's just a load of crap - this game is pure adrenaline and I love it.

Justin Timberlake's "Justified": Pop trash or R&B genius? While the majority of people would probably lean to the former, I say the latter. Sure, he takes from Michael Jackson and others, but when you boil it down, it's good pop with great beats and lyrics. And while we're on music...

Linkin Park: no, it's not "metal for kids" like some say, it's great rock music. Marilyn Manson said it well, rock truly is dead. While I'm not big on any of those nu-metal bands, I really do like Linkin Park. "Hybrid Theory" was good, and as was "Meteora" - but my favorite of their catalog is "Reanimation", which is a series of remixes of "Hybrid Theory." A great disc.

Redheads: okay, this isn't much of a secret to anyone who knows me - but how can you resist a redhead? They're fiesty and there's nothing better than a strongwilled woman who's willing to fight back. You know, I need to be put in my place sometime too.

TiVo, god bless you. You allow me to watch everything from the World Series of Poker to The Real World (yes I watch it, shutup!) to South Park when I'm working. For us night owls, TiVo's a necessity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Now Playing on Last.FM:

Locations of visitors to this page