Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Alcohol and Aquatics, Lists, Orkut

One thing that the Tallahassee crowd tends to do is end up swimming during a night of drinking. It's almost like we're magnetically drawn to them. But honestly, is there anything more fun than swimming around with friends, all boozed up? The Pensacola trio consisting of Melissa, Meghan, and Anthony have come to town both last Monday and yesterday for concerts, and both times drinkin' and swimmin' have been part of the night. Good people, and they're a lot of fun to spend time with. Melissa came back from Will's CousinFest with me, and stayed the night over here [along with Will] on my couch. It's been great getting to know her - a real cool girl. There's a standing offer to her to be my roommate if we're both in Tally next year. That could be a blast.

After seeing High Fidelity for the umpteenth time, I'm reminded how much I like lists. So here's a quick list of songs that I've come across recently that I enjoy. Some you've heard, some you haven't. Look at the list, fire up SoulSeek and go get some of them:

"C'mon, C'mon" by The Von Bondies
"Shanty for the Arethusa" by The Decemberists
"The Chimney Sweep" by The Decemberists
"The Soldiering Life" by The Decemberists
"For the Widows in Paradise, For the Fatherless in Ypsilanti" by Sufjan Stevens
"Starting Five" by Dios
"Lightness" by Death Cab for Cutie
"Title and Registration" by Death Cab for Cutie
"Carry Me, Ohio" by Sun Kil Moon
"Every Year You Wasted" by The Wrens
"Bandages" by Hot Hot Heat
"Adapt" by Cursive
[There's a bunch I'm forgetting, they'll get posted some other time]

Melissa told me to go test out Orkut which she described as "less gay than Friendster" it's essentially a tool to chart, track, and build relationships online. You basically list your friends and your interests, and through other friends, online communities, and the like you can link up with friends, some long lost, and keep up relationships. I found communities for the High School I went to, my college, my hometown, for my favorite bands, and for people who think the New York Yankees can suck it. Go give it a shot. If you want to add me, send me an email or an IM. [Wow, that description didn't do it much justice, but trust me, it's a cool thing. Just go sign-up for it, already.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Now Playing on Last.FM:

Locations of visitors to this page