Thursday, January 05, 2006

Living up to the Hype

First off, three new photo albums have been put up: this year's New Years party at the beach, my trip to Destin to see Elise and Jean, and the Festivus party at Bunch's pad before Christmas. Good times were had by all, and I got to go the beach twice in December. Who loves Florida?

Now that we're past that, let's talk bowling (of the NCAA Football variety). The Emerald bowl was one of the most disappointing bowls I've ever watched in my life. I watched my superior Yellow Jackets just lay down and let Utah walk all over them. When GT didn't make a play, the players didn't even look distraught. Nobody cared. After such an up and down season I think the players just felt slighted about not being selected to a better bowl - but that's still no reason for the team to just not give a crap about the game at all. That's not fair to us, the fans.

The Orange Bowl was a lot better than I thought it was going to be. I thought PSU would have their way with FSU, but the FSU defense really showed up and came to play. Neither team could play offense or kick worth a damn, but the game was still dramatic and a lot of fun to watch though I would've preferred a different outcome.

The Rose Bowl was easily the best college football game I've ever watched. When USC went up 12 late in the 4th, I had to think they had it wrapped up. I for one admit that I vastly underestimated Vince Young. That guy was absolutely ridiculous last night - all of his passes were spot on, he picked the perfect times to rush, and he made a two-time defending champion look like a bunch of JuCo players at times. If he doesn't go pro now when I imagine his stock is at an all-time high, then he's nuts. But then again, it's his life and not mine. I was extremely happy to see Texas win because I couldn't stand the media slurp-fest that USC was getting. Down with Cali!

While in Destin, Elise and I went and saw The Producers which I admit, I loved. Some idiots walked out after about 15 minutes mumbling "it's a musical?" OF COURSE IT'S A MUSICAL. What in the hell do people think Tony awards are for? How many big Broadway plays aren't musicals? Morons. Lane and Broderick were hilarious, and Will Ferrell's character was amazing.

Fun With Dick and Jane was better than I thought it was going to be. Jim and Téa were both hilarious and it was worth the price of admission. If you get a chance to see this in a cheap theater or a rental, do it.

Recently the extremely bizarre happened: I actually read a book! HP Lovecraft's "Call of Cthulhu" - granted it was a pretty short story, I always wanted to read some of Lovecraft's work. It delivered to my expectations - it was as creepy and dark as I had heard. Good read.

School starts back next Monday, and it'll be nice to have something to do. I'm going stir-crazy in the house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Now Playing on Last.FM:

Locations of visitors to this page