Monday, March 14, 2005

Have It Your Way

Every once in a while you see something that makes you just say "what the hell?" and it just draws you in. You want to see more. You want to watch it over and over again till you're absolutely sick of watching it.

And seeing Darius Rucker (aka "Hootie") sing in a Burger King commercial full of b-list celebrities definitely fits the bill. Haven't seen the ad? Go watch it right now. No seriously, go. I'll wait till you're done.

[PAUSE FOR SCREENING PURPOSES]

Okay, now wasn't that great? Let's break down what makes the commercial so incredible:

1. Celebrities
2. A good, catchy song from a good singer
3. Rediculous scenery
4. The Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders
5&6. Brooke Burke
7. The sandwich looks delicious [and it is! advertising works! I got one!]
8. Humor - the commercial is obviously making fun of itself [not too serious]
9. Hootie. How can you not love that guy? I hope you're not broke, Darius!
10. Brooke Burke! [Hot!]

I have a new favorite commercial, hands-down. Of course at the opposite end of the spectrum, my all-time least favorite commercial will continue to be Ore-Ida using the song "Golden Brown" by the Stranglers to sell french fries. Why? Because it's one of my favorite songs of all time. It doesn't make any sense to use that song! It's a song about heroin! Using heroin ballads to sell frozen french fries? I will NEVER buy an Ore-Ida product for as long as I live for that atrocity. Seriously. I'll get all my fries at Burger King. With one of those damned delicious looking Tendercrisp Bacon Cheddar Ranch sandwiches.


TENDERCRISP BACON CHEDDAR RANCH!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Now Playing on Last.FM:

Locations of visitors to this page