Thursday, July 05, 2007

On my lunch break...

Okay, just a brief anecdote from my lunch today:

I went into the Qdoba on Tennessee Street to get some lunch before work. For those of you not familiar with the place, it's a fast-food chain that specializes in those gigantic burritos and quesadillas. So I get to the end of the line, pay for my burrito, and ask the cashier guy if he can change one of the TVs to ESPN - nobody was paying much attention to that particular TV so I figured nobody would care. He said "no problem", I took my food to the table, and started eating.

Now about 10 minutes later two girls came through the line and this cashier, some smart-ass community college dropout, was laying on the game as best he could. I was within earshot so I could hear his vain attempts, all of which were hilariously bad. He then got the bright idea to "show off" for these girls. I heard him say "hey, watch this!" and he switched the TV over from ESPN to the Discovery Health channel. This normally wouldn't be a problem, but at the moment when he switched the channels there was a pretty graphic depiction of a slashed-open torso undergoing surgery. I looked up, thought "that sucks", shrugged, and went back to eating. (A couple years of working in the ER will do that to you - it's pretty hard to phase me.) Unfortunately for the table of women sitting a few feet from me, one of them couldn't handle the very graphic images and promptly vomited all over the table. Her friends then cursed a storm at the cashier kid, who looked like he wanted to curl up and die. I finished up and bailed - seeing the images on the TV and hearing/seeing the lady vomit wasn't enough to get to me, but nobody likes sitting around dealing with the smell of vomit.

Customer service is alive and kicking, I tell you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Now Playing on Last.FM:

Locations of visitors to this page