Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Crapshoot Spectacular 2007

March means one thing to a sports fan: wild-ass guesses about college basketball.

As per usual, we start this crapshoot with a link to my old brackets from 2000-2006.

Since the brackets aren't announced until Sunday, I figured I'd get this shindig started with a little ACC predictive mojo. Here's my 2007 ACC Tournament bracket. Of no surprise I went out on a limb and picked UNC to win it all, though it very well may be Maryland.

My 2007 ACC Tournament Bracket [click to enlarge]


Here's what I'm thinking coming into the ACC tourny: Maryland scares me. They're hotter than any team in the league and they could easily win it all. Problem is, they've got to get through a very good UNC team. VT, BC, UVA, and Duke are all good but beatable, and I believe that if GT can get their heads straight they can do some serious damage in the tournament. Clemson has owned FSU this year, and the game is a bad matchup for the Noles. Wake, Miami, NCSU, and FSU will probably be non-factors, though if FSU or Clemson can win 2, they might be dancing come Sunday night.

Stay tuned for NCAA and NIT picks once the brackets are announced.

[Update: 3/12/07]

Wow, I got SLAUGHTERED in the ACC Tournament. The NCAA and NIT fields have been announced. I've finished my NIT bracket, I'll get my NCAA one up later.


My 2007 Postseason NIT Bracket [click to enlarge]


My 2007 NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament Bracket [click to enlarge]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Now Playing on Last.FM:

Locations of visitors to this page