Sunday, June 13, 2004

Friday Night, Saturday Afternoon

First off, Friday night was one of the best nights I'd had in a really, really long time. The "roving party" made its way to quite a few places, and covered about half of Tallahassee.

Staney's Birthday DrinkFest was great, but admittedly, using that green "menthol" Kool-Aid for the hunch punch was an awful idea - stick to Tropical Punch [or any other "red"] next time. At Staney's party, Fiske got the idea for kickball, so after acquiring a neon-green kickball, it was on. Playing in the dark at Winthrop was fun, even if you couldn't see where the damned ball was half the time. A good time was had by all, until one of Tallahassee's Finest decided to crash the party - being the good Samaritan that I am, I shuttled our minors, Amanda and Charlotte, off to a safe place. [Yes, of course we were drinking our beers in the park playing kickball - booze and kickball go together like boxed wine and oreos.]

Then a decision was made for some swimming action - neither I nor Charlotte had anything to wear for such an activity, so I swang her by her house and dragged her out to mine before we met up with the rest of the crew over at The Exchange where they went swimming - the only problem was, they'd just been busted by the exact same cop as at the park, and asked to leave the place. So we headed over to another apartment complex, Frog Pond, where we played in-pool dodgeball and volleyball for a couple hours before tiring out. Zoe, apparently on her way to Pensacola, stopped in for the night and it was great to see her. After enough swimming to make us hungry, me, Drew, Zoe, and Charlotte left the pool to head to Steak and Shake [about 5am at this point].

After a really good dinner/breakfast/meal at S&S, complete with a drunken Drew who yelled at people unintelligbly, passed out on the table, and oh yeah, was wearing only an undershirt and boxer shorts into the place - I dropped Charlotte off at her car and got home just a shade shy of 7am. So that's a party my friends, from 830pm-7am. Floridians get down, don't we? It was very cool to have Zoe make a cameo on the night, as she's awesome, but it was also extremely cool to meet Charlotte, an amazing girl. She likes AFI's new album too...she even knew all the words! Hah!

So after sleeping a long-ass time, I wake up to find that my Yellow Jackets were eliminated from NCAA Baseball play by the goddamned Georgia Bulldogs. Here's a quick rundown of teams I hate more the the University of Georgia:

1. The New York Yankees [except for football season]

So losing to those sons-of-bitches [pun intended] really burns. U[sic]GA beat GT in all three major sports this year, winning the football game, the basketball game, and winning the series 3-2 over us in baseball this year. In times like these, I remember that timeless chant of GT fans:

What's the good word?
TO HELL WITH GEORGIA
How bout them Dawgs?
PISS ON 'EM

After GT's falling-apart, I watched my Red Sox get dismantled by the LA Dodgers. Complete and utter horseshit that game was - not only did my team get pounded, but my Fantasy Baseball team took a nice hit with Wakefield's 10+ ERA. Thanks, guy.

But it's been a great weekend, even if frisbee got cut short on Sunday due to only 6 people showing up. At least I got to show off my Power Forward skills in some hoops.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Now Playing on Last.FM:

Locations of visitors to this page