Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Beulah, 5-6pm, XBMC, Baseball, Beesball

The Beulah concert last night in Gainesville was great. Though it was hotter than all hell inside the place [a kid in front of me passed out and fell on me], the show was great. The second band, Dios, was pretty good. I shoulda picked up one of their discs, but that's what filesharing is for. And before you bitch, I still buy a lot of CDs. I'll throw up some short reviews later. Much love to Alexandria, Zoe, Nathan, and Zack for showing up last night at the show - it was great. The ride home was good too, even though we got back a lot later than I planned at 4am.

Around the Horn and Pardon The Interruption - the greatest hour in sports television? I think so. Statboy isn't nearly as good as Max Kellerman was, and when Tony and Mike are apart, the show suffers - but they're still great shows. I love the Paige vs. Mariotti bouts, but Kornheiser vs. Wilbon in 'Toss Up' is still the best. I praise ESPN for basically taking the best parts of sports radio, the interesting hosts and hot topics, and cutting out the crap, the stupid callers, and putting these talking heads on TV and squaring them against each other.

Xbox Media Center is phenomenal. One of the best purchases I've made in a long time was my Xbox and the modchip so I could use XBMC. Divx, XviD, RM, WMA, Ogg Vorbis, MP3, SVCD...this thing really plays it all. Oh, and it plays games. Hot, hot, hot.

Current Fantasy Baseball Lineup for the week:
C: Paul Lo Duca (LA)
1B: Jim Thome (PHI)
2B: Todd Walker (CHC)
3B: Mark Teixeira (TEX)
SS: Omar Vizquel (CLE)
OF: Steve Finley (ARI), Jose Guillen (ANA), Johnny Damon (BOS)
Util: Chone Figgins (ANA)
SP: Pedro Martinez (BOS), Matt Clement (CHC), Andy Pettite (HOU)
RP: Eric Gagne (LA), Frankie Rodriguez (ANA)
P: Rich Harden (OAK)

I'm curious to see how it'll work. I've got Lowe and Wakefield on the bench, and I hope I don't pay for benching my knuckleballer.

Speaking of baseball, big, big ups to my Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets for going on a goddamned rampage, winning 17 straight games and snatching the ACC regular season title from Virginia while they weren't looking. First on the list is either Maryland, a team which GT destroyed in a 3 game sweep last weekend [10-2, 15-1, 18-6], or Wake Forest, who admittedly for some reason, Tech struggled with earlier in the season [9-8 (10), 4-8, 9-2]. GT hasn't lost a game since losing a series at home versus Washington on April 18th. So good luck in Salem boys, and go destroy somebody.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Now Playing on Last.FM:

Locations of visitors to this page